Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pattern review: Blaverry - Yves Top/Tunic/Dress

Pin It I have several new tween outfits to review, so I will be posting them in the next few weeks.  I haven't sewn a ton for my daughter this summer as both my kids have kept us busy with their sports.  We need to have some back to school clothes, though!


This top is made for wovens and it is made to be reversible.  I made it to have more of a lining, so this not reversible.  The leggings she is wearing are from Blaverry, as well.  She is reworking her old patterns (this top has been redone), so I would hold off on those right now.  Once they have been redone, hopefully I will get to make them up and can give a review on them.







Pattern sizing: 2T-16Y – I blended 7W and 14L, BUT I didn’t make the armhole as long as the 14. I think it is a little long, so I cut mine a good inch shorter. You might want to compare the pattern with another tank to determine if you think it is long or not.



Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern when you were finished sewing? Yes

Were the instructions complete and easy to follow? Yes - she uses illustrations and not photos.  The only halfway difficult thing is the shirring at the upper chest (hard to see on my photos), but that is fairly simple to do.

Fabric used: Laser cut woven and a light-weight silver fabric for the lining.  Both were non-stretch.




Did you alter the pattern in any way? I blended sizes and had a shorter armhole. I also used ribbon for the ruching at the shoulder instead of a fabric piece.



Was there anything you disliked or would change? Change the armhole length to a little shorter.

Would you sew it again? Yes.  This is a cute top.  Not sure I would make it as a dress for my daughter, as it seems a bit too young for a tween as a dress.  I think it is very cute as a top or tunic, though.



Would you recommend it to others? Yes.

Do you consider the pattern beginner/intermediate/advanced? Beginner.  It was a pretty quick sew, and fairly easy to put together.

Does the pattern include layers for easy printing? Yes

Seam allowance used in the pattern? 3/8”

Is the pattern cut or no cut pages? Cut

Rating: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!