Monday, August 22, 2016

Pattern review: Blaverry Ollie and Nina

Pin It I love how this outfit turned out for her.  It kind of reminds me of a mod style.  The only issue she had with this, was she is uncomfortable in just a skirt.  She is a skort kind of girl.  I need to make up some shorts for her to wear underneath and then she will be all set!

Patterns:  Ollie (top) and Nina (skirt)






Pattern sizing: 2T-16Y – I blended 6W and 14L, BUT I didn’t make the armhole as long as the 14. I think it is a little long, so I cut mine a good inch shorter. You might want to compare the pattern with another tank to determine if you think it is long or not.  This is consistent with the previous review.  It might just be my daughter, too.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern when you were finished sewing? Yes

Were the instructions complete and easy to follow? Yes - she uses illustrations and not photos.

Fabric used: I used Modern Jersey from Spoonflower



Did you alter the pattern in any way? Just as I said above, blended sizes and had a shorter armhole. I had to piece my back due to some fabric challenges.

Was there anything you disliked or would change? Change the armhole length to a little shorter.

 

Would you sew it again? Yes, but I want to add some shorts underneath and turn it into a skort. My kid doesn’t like plain skirts, and feels self-conscious in them.

 

Would you recommend it to others? Yes.

Do you consider the pattern beginner/intermediate/advanced? Beginner, if you aren’t scared of knits. This was a pretty easy and quick sew.


Does the pattern include layers for easy printing? Yes

Seam allowance used in the pattern? 3/8”

Is the pattern cut or no cut pages? Cut

Rating:

 

4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this insightful blog post. The engaging content and well-articulated ideas left me wanting more body massage near me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! Best seafood restaurant near me The insights shared here have truly broadened my perspective on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your insightful blog post! marijuana delivery near me Your perspectives are thought-provoking, and I look forward to exploring more of your content

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your insightful blog post! Marijuana delivery near me. Your perspectives are thought-provoking, and I look forward to exploring more of your content. Your information on dispensaries near me in DC is particularly valuable.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!