Friday, October 25, 2013

Holiday Wear Round-up

Pin It
One of my (Major Moma) favorite things to sew are special outfits for the holidays.  I especially like making coordinating outfits for the family.  I don't know how I became one of "those moms," because mine certainly never was, but it happened.

But you have to be so much more careful when doing that with tweens.  And a big puffy dress that spins or a cute tie is probably not going to appeal to your pre-teen boy or girl.  But there are several wonderful options of varying formality for tween holiday wear.  We have created this round up of some for both boys and girls.  Some of the pictures have younger children as models, but all of the patterns have a tween size range.

   
M6830
Phoebe Dress
Cosette Maxi Dress
Trousers and Waistcoat
Knit Jacket
jacket
 

lace bodice dress
long fringe jacket
embroidered dress

long sleeve bohemian dress



















































Elaina Pintuck Party Dress
 
Little Gentlemen suit jacket AND vest and pants

















classic Chinos


Nora dress



Each caption has the link to where you can purchase the pattern, so shopping is easy.  (We currently are not affiliated with any company, but just believe in helping each other out.)

We hope you liked some of these and if you make one, please let us know how it went!

3 comments:

  1. I love this round up of classy patterns! My kids aren't that old yet but I will definately pin this for later or anyone I might sew for :)
    Bonnie MS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me in this great round-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct your mother never was one of those matchy sewing moms. But I did like making a pretty party dress

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!