Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Polkadot Circle Dress

Pin It   Tween Polkadot Circle Dress6
 Bonjour! I am Natalie, a Canadian gal who blogs over at La gang à Nat. In my little corner of the web, I chat about the sewing that I do for my three girls, ages 2, 4 and 11. I am quite excited to have been invited here by Kelli and Sally to show you a garment that I created for my tween Maïan! Ahhhh... the 9 to 13 age group!!! Is anyone else struggling with dressing up a capricious tween! Admittedly, this is a tough age group to sew for... they're not little kids anymore and they certainly don't want to dress child-like. But they're not grown ups either and as parents, we don't want to see them dressed up as women (or even worse, TEENS! GULP!). There will be plenty of time for that, no? Few stores cater exclusively to this age group and compounding the problem is the fact that many sewing patterns only go up to size 8. Tween Polkadot Circle Dress8
What I'll show you today is how to create a circle dress based on a garment that you already have at home, or a basic bodice pattern. So if you'd like, follow me home for a quick tutorial! Tween Polkadot Circle Dress7

Thank you so much Kelli and Sally for having me over today!    

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelli and Sally,
    Thank you so much for having me over to visit today!!! I love it here!

    Natalie
    XX

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!