Monday, August 4, 2014

Round up: sundresses

Pin It Though school is just around the corner, I know it is still warm in many areas of the U.S. and will be for the foreseeable future.    And since it is still warm and there is plenty of time for enjoying the sun, I thought it would be fun to do a roundup of pretty sundresses.  Most of the summer my children are riding bikes, camping, and generally getting dirty.  But there are those occasions when it is nice to clean the dirt off their knees and put the girls in a dress.


So, here are some fun options for church, summer weddings, and the more civilized family gatherings.




The Fawn Lily Tunic & Dress has a nice modern vibe and goes up to size 12.  It is from the new designer collaboration at Willow & Co Patterns.





I really like the simplicity of the Go To Shift Dress.  It also goes up to size 12.


The Caroline Party Dress is a little more fancy but has cap sleeves and would be a great summer dress for those more formal occasions.


Burdastyle has a beautiful long dress with wonderful detailing on the bodice with the deceptively simple name Long Capped Sleeve dress.


Do any of you use vintage patterns for your kids.  I think this shift dress would be so adorable and easily made modern for your tween.


Do you have a favorite sundress pattern? 

2 comments:

  1. My girls love the skater dress, it's knit and so comfy. They wear them all the time! I have found the fit to be awesome too. Really nice that it's a tank, tee or long sleeve. It only goes up to size 8, but my tween is a skinny size 10 and it will still fit her nicely for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE vintage patterns. I'm very excited that my daughter is now into the junior vintage pattern size range. There are so many lovely things for teen girls in those eras.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!